The Music House Concept
”If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.”
Henry David Thoreau
Music House offers a unique alternative to traditional, private instrumental lessons. It is based on the following principles:
• All people are endowed with musical ability.
• There are many ways to be musical.
• Everyone is musical in a different way.
Therefore, the goals of Music House are:
• To help the individual discover his musical capability
• To provide a wide variety of musical exposure and opportunity
• To validate each person’s particular musical inclination by keeping paths to learning open, creating an atmosphere of mutual trust and offering support and guidance when needed as determined by the student.
When the individual has the opportunity to explore a variety of musical stimuli at her own pace, in her own way and in keeping with her own interest and readiness, her musical inclinations will be revealed.